Note from Author: I have also published this article on Instructables.com.
This project was in the press!
- July 19th, Article by Freetronics
- July 23rd, Article by TechHive
- July 24th, Article by Gizmodo
- July 24th, Article by PCWORLD (Italian)
- July 24th, Article in Atmel Corporation's Blog (They made the very parts I used in my project!)
- July 28th, Article by Major Geeks
- July 30th, Article from the Digi XBEE Project gallery
- July, Featured on Instructables' home page
Do you like Legos?
Do you like Arduinos?
Do you like RC things that you can bring to life with the flick of a thumb?
I certainly do, so today I’ll be showing you how to make something that combines all of the above into one and go over a ton of other useful techniques and best practices as well!
I’ll start by giving a brief description of what I made, and then I’ll follow with not just how to make it, but the reasons behind it too! By explaining all the steps involved (like the design, planning, 3D modelling, and even the Lego-building and laser-cutting!) and the decisions and thought process behind those steps (as well as the CAD files and code), I hope not only to share with you what you will need to make what I have, but also useful background and techniques that you can use not only in your own version of this project, but in all your other DIY projects too! Lastly, if there anything that I might have missed or that you need additional information or clarification about, or if you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to ask me to message me! Now lets get started!